Makeup: Rainy Day Glitter
It is the beginning of August and it has been absolutely chucking it down with rain for days on end. Slightly unseasonal. I also happen to have failed my driving test again this morning, so with this combined, I’m feeling kind of… blue. After the assigned moping period, I turned to my makeup bag to cheer myself up, which worked wonderfully. I think I must have drawn inspiration from the weather and my mood because I ended up looking like a anthropomorphic raincloud.
I’m also feeling a lot of Sadness circa Inside Out vibes… I think it’s the roll neck top…
Not gonna lie, though, I think it looks pretty cute.
For the eyes, I started with a deep blue and silver halo eyeshadow look using my Makeup Revolution Ultimate Eyeshadow Collection 2017 palette, and jazzed it up with some holographic glitter (I think it was an eBay purchase, which you should always be very careful with re glitter near the eyes; I’m happy to take the risk for myself, but I wouldn’t personally condone anyone else doing it, etc. etc. other disclaimery text).
On my lips, I used my MUA Velvet Lip Lacquer in Potent, and put a bit of MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder in Pearlescent Sheen to add the bluish shimmer.
Products I used:
- Bourjois Paris Healthy Mix Foundation in Vanilla
- L.A. Girl PRO.conceal HD Concealer in Classic Ivory
- Freedom HD Pro Finish Concealer in Banana
- Primark P.S. Beauty Pressed Mattifying Powder in Porcelain
- Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar Blush Powder
- MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder in Pearlescent Sheen (for highlight and lip shimmer)
- Makeup Revolution Salvation Palette in Girl Panic
- Makeup Revolution Ultimate Eyeshadow Collection 2017
- Holographic Cosmetic Glitter (similar) (Primark basic false lash glue to attach)
- Zoeva Cat Eye Liner Pen in Black
- Stila HUGE Extreme Lash mascara in Black
- MUA Velvet Lip Lacquer in Potent
Overall I’m definitely happy with how this turned out. Apart from my daily routine and switching up different lip colours, I haven’t had a chance to play around with my makeup and do something more creative in ages. I do love doing makeup look posts on here, so I need to make time to do them more frequently!