My favourite topic to talk about is myself. I could do it for hours uninterrupted with barely a prompt from the other poor sod to progress smoothly from one mini-fact to the next. It’s not vanity; I just talk a lot when I like someone, and what better to gas off on than the subject I know the most about?
So you can imagine how chuffed I am that the gorgeous Amy has tagged me in her 73 Vogue Questions blog post, giving me the opportunity to word-vomit 73 whole factlets and opinions onto you all. It’s my mission in life to fill people’s heads with useless information, apparently. Enjoy!
*For those of you who need filling in, this tag I s a list of the 73 questions Vogue mag ask celebrities when they interview them, only this time it’s us bloggers who are in the hotseat.
1) What’s the best thing that has happened to you this month?
That massive Nando’s I had last week.
2) What’s the best thing that has happened to you this year?
I’m mentally slapping myself for this, but meeting my boyfriend was pretty huge.
3) What’s the best thing ever?
4) What’s your favourite season?
5) What’s your favourite holiday?
Argh! I wanna say Halloween because I love it, but it’s got to be Christmas. It’s just special.
6) Would you ever live in a big city?
I’d really rather not. What with all the light and noise pollution, I’d never get any sleep.
7) What’s your favourite ice cream?
Ugh, cherry and almond. It’s like Amaretto but even better. Even betto Amaretto.
8) Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
9) What’s your favourite dessert?
I’ll always go for a sticky toffee pudding with custard.
10) Cake or pie?
11) What’s your least favourite food?
It’s not exactly a food group but icing in any form is revolting.
12) What’s your favourite condiment?
The garlic sauce you get in takeaway shops, or Hull chip spice if that counts as a condiment.
13) It’s brunch, what do you eat?
A cheese toastie. Nobody is too fancy for a toastie.
14) What’s your favourite colour?
Lavender or teal.
15) What colour was your prom dress?
16) Blow dry or air dry?
Air dry, unless I’ve got somewhere to be.
17) Do you think you’re strong?
Stronger than I look, definitely.
18) Who’s a person you’d love to have coffee with?
My friend Molly. I haven’t seen her in over a year and I really miss her.
19) When was the last time you cried?
Yesterday at work. I literally cry all the time.
20) Who’s the last person you texted?
21) Twitter or Instagram?
Twitter because I think I’m funnier than I actually am.
22) Who should everyone follow right now?
Paris Hilton. She’s out-memeing herself and I don’t know why but I love it.
23) Have you ever had anything stolen from you?
I’ve lent clothes to people in the past that I’ve never got back, but I wouldn’t class that as stealing.
24) Favourite country you visited?
Greece, for the fooooooooood.
25) Last country you visited?
26) Country you wish to visit?
Canada and (I know it’s not actually a country but) Hawaii are both high on the list.
27) First pet?
A gorgeously grumpy black cat called Sooty.
28) Favourite Disney animal?
29) What are you doing tomorrow?
I’m nipping into town to do a bit of shopping, I might end up going for coffee with my mum, and I’m going to my boyfriend’s for the weekend.
30) What are you most excited about in life right now?
Lots! All the knitwear I get to wear soon, and seeing my uni friends next week.
31) What book are you reading right now?
The Reckoning by Jane Casey.
32) A book you read because everyone else was reading it?
Fifty Shades of Grey, just so I’d be able to legitimately criticise it.
33) What are you completely bored of right now?
Honestly? Life in general. I want to shake things up a bit for myself and start having more fun.
34) What’s your favourite beverage?
Earl Grey with a splash of skimmed milk, or a chilled glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
35) What’s your favourite cocktail?
A classic mojito or a Dark & Stormy.
36) What would you order at a McDonald’s drive thru?
A Chicken Legend meal with spicy mayo, Diet Coke, and a Toffee Latte.
37) What’s one thing you still have from your childhood?
My first teddy bear.
38) What’s your favourite current TV show?
I’ll have to be really boring and say Game of Thrones.
39) What’s a movie that made you cry?
My Sister’s Keeper always reduces me to a blubbering mess.
40) What do you miss the most?
Coco Pops Crunchers.
41) What’s one thing you can’t do?
Flatlays! It’s a serious prob.
42) What are your nicknames?
Ju, Jujubean, Flo and Fishy.
43) What makes you laugh a lot?
Videos of birds (particularly cockatoos) dancing and being silly.
44) Heels or flats?
Flats, unless I want to feel glamorous for a sec and regret it two hours later.
45) What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done?
Climbed over a number of locked gates into restricted areas while a little tipsy.
46) What’s one thing you have wanted to do but been scared of?
So many things. My self-confidence is a work in progress.
47) What’s the thing you’re most proud of?
Sticking with my degree and graduating when everything in me wanted to give up.
48) What did you want to do with your life at age 5?
Be a Spice Girl.
49) Dogs or cats?
50) What’s the most important thing someone can learn?
Nothing is constant and time passes.
51) Bath or shower?
52) Mountain hideaway or beach house?
Ugh, can I please have both?
53) What’s your favourite scented candle?
Yankee Candle Garden Sweet Pea.
54) If you could spend three months anywhere, where would it be?
On the back of a motorbike riding across America.
55) Are you messy or neat?
Anxiously neat within, annoyingly messy without.
56) What’s the first thing you do each morning?
Check the time.
57) What do you have for breakfast?
Usually toast with beans or jam.
58) What’s the last thing you do before you go to bed?
Take my meds.
59) What’s one skill you wish you had?
I wish I could play more musical instruments.
60) What’s your favourite pizza?
Grilled chicken, bacon, red onion, green peppers and honey mustard.
61) Describe your ideal man in three words?
Loyal, honest, kind.
62) Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
63) At what age were you happiest?
10 or 11 ish.
64) What’s the last thing you ate?
A Muller Rice pot.
65) Where do you go when you need to be alone?
My bedroom, or for a walk.
66) What’s the biggest thing on your mind right now?
Money, and that I really need to wash my hair.
67) What’s the best activity to do at home on a rainy day?
Write or play Cluedo.
68) What are you listening to right now?
The Most Beautiful Songs in the World on Spotify.
69) On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you with life right now?
Maybe 3 and a half?
70) What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Mussels are pretty weird when you think about it.
71) Starter or dessert?
Always starter if there’s garlic mushrooms available.
72) Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Not really a dessert but I can’t stand iced buns. It’s literally a hot dog with some Silver Spoon icing on the top. Where’s the yum?!
73) What’s the furthest you’ve been from home?
And there are my answers!
*Featured photo from theauburnagenda [source]